April 21, 2009

Baby Boy #3 Update

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and the baby is doing great. I am 22 weeks now and growing. I gained 8 pounds last month! Whoa! According to parents.com, the baby is the size of a 1lb. bag of coffee beans. Pretty cool! I have my blood sugar test next month, and I get to meet the other doctors in the practice during the next few visits. We have not decided on a name for this baby yet. I think it gets harder with every baby you have of the same gender.
Harrison and Palmer are doing great. Harrison is very into the baby. He loves showing other people my belly or talking about the baby being in my belly to others. I have let him try to feel the baby several times...I think he has felt it but I am not sure if he really understands it all. Palmer is in the state of thinking everyone's belly has a baby in it since mine does. He will point to his belly and say baby. I have started telling him "your baby brother is in my belly." He slept in a big boy bed all last week while Harrison was out of town. He did very well and I think the transition into the bed will be a lot easier than we thought. We will probably do that in the next month or so. Overall, things are going well. We are looking forward to adding another boy to the Huey clan. I will post a picture of me soon. The last one I got was out of focus so I couldn't use it. Here is a picture that one of my friends took of Palmer eating a cupcake. He's a mess!

1 comment:

gillfamily said...

That is so fun that they know there is a baby in your belly. I had Sydney yesterday and we were going to the pool. I was putting sunscreen on and she saw my belly and smiled really big and started patting and rubbing it. She knew something was different. She is only 14 months so she didn;t know it was a baby...but you never know.
Blake and I thought it was hilarious!