September 27, 2007

Palmer's 2 month Check-up/Harrison and Potty Training

Palmer had his doctor's visit today. He was 22 1/2 inches long, 13 lbs 8.5oz., and Head-16 in. His height and head are in the 25% and his weight is in the 95%. I thought that was so funny! Harrison never topped the chart like that. The doctor said he is getting plenty to eat even though he seems to spit up everything. He got shots for the first time which made me sad, but he did ok with them. He only cried for a minute or so. Overall, everything went well.

Today was Harrison's Potty Party! Kind of hard to eplain....I decided to have a day devoted to the potty and wanted to make it fun. So, I hung streamers and gave him a little seat for the potty, pull-ups, hand soap, and toilet wipes. He loves sitting on the potty but doesn't ever go. Last night he went a tiny bit in the potty and one time today he went a tiny bit, but most of it went in the pull up. Well, then after lunch he always goes poopy (sorry for the wordage) so I was watching him closely making sure I could catch him before he did it. He was getting kind of crabby so I pulled out some Choo-choo train underwear that I bought him for later on when he actually is potty trained and he was wearing them around the house. One of my friends called so I was talking to her on the phone and I noticed him getting that "look", so I grabbed him and put him on the potty. He got upset and got off. I kept talking to my friend and the next thing I knew he was pooping on the floor. Oh well! I think we will have to wait a while before we try potty training again. Just wanted to share my funny story with everyone!

2 comments:

Beth Goff said...

Yeah Palmer!!! Way to grow little boy! Now you know how Karoline feels... she has never been below the 80th %...
FUNNY STORY!!!! Sorry the poop spoiled the party! :) Talk to you soon!

Unknown said...

Hey Amber!
Remember the key is always doing the same thing...Consistent. Looks like Palmer gets a party every day he is potty training! Funny...We love you guys Tonia & Ken